Assistant Director, Annual Fund
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock seek an Assistant Director to manage The Fund for Simon’s Rock (the Annual Fund).
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Assistant Director’s primary role is to renew and increase the gifts of current donors, to acquire new contributors, and to help identify and cultivate leadership giving prospects.
Among other responsibilities, the Assistant Director will:
- Solicit donors through visits, email, phone, volunteers, and events
- Produce direct mail anchors for fundraising drives and coordinate email, social media, and event-based supports for each drive
- Manage the donors who contribute $1,000 to $4,999 annually to Simon’s Rock, ensuring that those donors are renewed and overall participation at that level increases
- Organize phone-a-thons and text-a-thons, including Giving Tuesday, to alumni and other Simon’s Rock constituents
- Direct giving among students and young alumni
- Maintain the Giving gateway page on simons-rock.edu
- Assist in the planning and execution of departmental and interdepartmental events including Commencement/Alumni Weekend, Family Weekend and Arrival Day
- Manage and maintain pristine records to ensure knowledge transfer among team members and reliability of data
The successful candidate will have two years or more of fundraising experience, ideally in higher or secondary education, and will be conversant with fundraising databases (knowledge of Banner and Evertrue a plus). The successful candidate also will bring an appreciation for liberal arts education and the early college movement, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team. Some travel, and evening and weekend work are required.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the nation’s only four-year college of liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college in a residential environment after the tenth or eleventh grade. Students who successfully complete the requirements receive the Associate of Arts (AA) degree after two years and the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree after four. In 2015, Simon’s Rock launched Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock where students attend high school for two years, pursuing a curriculum taught by college faculty, and then enter Bard College at Simon's Rock after 10th grade.
The Department of Institutional Advancement is in a rebuilding phase as a preliminary step towards a capital campaign. The successful candidate will be comfortable and helpful in a departmental environment of discovery and refinement.