United Personnel is searching for an Administrative Assistant for Girl Scouts of Connecticut in Hartford, CT. This position provides administrative support to the Chief External Relations Officer who oversees the Fund Development and Communications departments.
Key functions include budget reconciliation, invoice and credit card processing, gift entry, gift acknowledgment letters, mailings, scheduling, filing, data entry, and other types of administrative support. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task at a high level while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. He/she will be able to prioritize tasks, maintain confidentiality, and promote a positive and helpful image on behalf of Girl Scouts of Connecticut.
· Prepares daily deposit for Finance Department
· Enters gifts into Raiser’s Edge database within 12 hours of receipt; including pledges, online gifts, and gifts from registrations and electronic sources
· Generates and process gift acknowledgement letters within 24 hours of gift receipt including letters
· Tracks and process all matching gifts
· Creates donor records, grant files, event, and sponsor lists as requested
· Process Communications and Fund Development invoices for payment
· Maintains departmental expense records and processes CERO’s credit card statement
· Produces monthly expense and revenue reports for finance
· Works with Salesforce database, as requested
· Coordinates CERO’s schedule and communicates on behalf of CERO, as requested
· Files, enters data, and performs other administrative functions in support of Fund Development and Communications
· Supports Girl Scouts of Connecticut events though contact with vendors, administrative tasks, and participates in events as needed
· May support event auctions or other fundraising activities by coordinating with volunteers, sponsors, and donors
o High School degree or its equivalent, some college or business school preferred.
o Minimum 5 years administrative support in a fast paced, multi-faceted work environment
o Experience with database managed preferred
o Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
o Excellent verbal and written communications skills
o Must possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
o Must have a strong customer service orientation
o Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
o Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel statewide
o Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as necessary