THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF WESTERN MASS
Serve as primary Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist for the Foundation, including office reception (answering phones, greeting guests and responding to general email inquiries), general administrative support, event set up and support, and data entry.
- Answer incoming calls, triage, screen and forward to appropriate parties
- Welcome guests, answer questions, announce them to appropriate party, offer coffee/water, find open conference room space if needed.
- Read, forward and/or respond to general Foundation email inquiries to individual and WMASS mailboxes
- Contact property manager for lock/unlock, security escorts, facilities issues as directed by supervisor.
- Open, sort and circulate mail
- Monitor circulation bin and recycle older materials
- Monitor and purchase new stamps as needed.
c. Office equipment:
- Copiers – call for service and order supplies as needed
- Postage Machine – monitor and order supplies, replenish postage and provide documentation to Controller.
- Inventory and order office supplies, including letterhead, business cards and purchases requested by staff. Seek approval as needed, per established policy
- Utilize established vendors for best pricing.
- Organize and monitor supplies, replenish supplies throughout office.
e. Internal Staff duties:
- Maintain phone lists, emergency and snow day contact sheets.
- Updates mailboxes as needed.
- Ensure receipt of monthly parking passes and distribute.
- Forward completed parking forms/cancellation requests to designated contacts per established protocol. Provide Controller with start/end dates.
f. Event Setup & Support
- Monitor conference room and general spaces for clutter and re-fill supplies as needed.
- Send weekly email reminder for kitchen duty.
- Assist with general set up or cleanup for staff or other meetings, as needed.
- Distribute and store supplies and materials in designated areas.
- Internal events (i.e. staff meetings/learning/lecture series) – track attendance, make name tags as requested. Order food or other pre- or post-event tasks, type minutes from meetings where appropriate
- Space Use: Receive and coordinate space use requests from outside groups per established protocol. Note on calendar and monitor set up/clean up.
- Projector Loans: Coordinates projector loan requests, ensuring completion of paperwork and document projector return.
- Outside events:
- Update event attendance spreadsheet;
- Research organization in FIMS for prior grants/donor link, etc.;
- Email events for senior team review at bi-weekly meeting or as needed;
- RSVP/register attendees;
- After event add FIMS contact for event attendance and update spreadsheet.Maintains office-wide schedules for conference rooms and satellite office (sign out keys, laptop).
- FIMS: Assist with data entry and create new profiles upon receipt of completed form.
- Provide additional data entry assistance during high volume times (such as scholarship season, and/or grant cycles).
-Participate in gift processing and act as back-up for Philanthropic Services Assistant and Grants -Assistant when needed.
-Provide general administrative support for Finance, Program and PS teams,
-Mail accounts payable checks
-Mailings, projects, and meeting notice emails, as needed.