About Hoffman Auto Group
In 1921, Hoffman Auto Group was founded by Israel Hoffman with the acquisition of a Ford franchise in New Hartford, Connecticut. After nearly 100 years of business, the Hoffman Auto Group is regarded as one of the most respected family owned businesses in the state. With locations in four Connecticut towns, East Hartford CT, West Simsbury CT, Watertown CT and New London, CT the company is comprised of nine brands: Lexus, Audi, Porsche, BMW, Lincoln, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Ford The company boasts numerous accolades; Hartford Magazine's "Best of Hartford" for thirteen consecutive years!
The Accounting Manager is accountable for the month-end reporting and audits,the development of annual financial metrics and budgets that tie to our overall strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
He or she also provides support and process enhancements relating to the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll cycles across the Company, with an emphasis on consistent processes, financial analysis and timely reporting.
The Accounting Manager supervises the Payroll Administrators, A/P Supervisor and A/R Clerk, and provides general oversight of the Accounting Department.
1. With the assistance of Office Managers plan, organize, direct, develop and staff the West Simsbury and BMW accounting offices to maintain timeliness of reporting and functionality within the departments
2. Ensure proper internal controls are being maintained to prevent embezzlement and/or fraud.
3. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed as designated by the Hoffman Auto Group Privacy Act Policy
4. Ensure with VP of Finance the timely and accurate publication of daily reports required by management.
5. Review and monitor cash requirements and cash position of the company, with a goal of improving cash position through better cash controls and asset management.
6. Ensure with CFO, VP of Finance and Office Managers that regular monthly operating results for West Simsbury and BMW stores are presented to senior management and appropriate personnel along with discussion points for improvements such as expense control, common problems and goals.
7. Ensure along with CFO and VP of Finance that preparation for the annual CPA review is complete.
8. Ensure, in conjunction with CFO, VP of Finance, Director of Business Advancement & Technology, and Fixed Operations Director that our dealer management system is working accurately, effectively and efficiently.
9. Ensure all Connecticut labor laws are adhered to with guidance from Talent Engagement Center.
Competencies and Qualifications
1. Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent and minimum ten years of supervisory experience in dealership environment and/or public accounting experience at the senior level.
2. Accounting procedures knowledge, including automotive software, factory procedures and knowledge of Excel.
3. Must be skilled in interpreting data for other members of management.
4. Must be sensitive to continuously appraising the effectiveness of current financial reporting in light of a changing business environment.
5. Must have the ability to manage, motivate, teach and develop staff to be effective in their respective positions.
6. Must be flexible, highly organized, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Always lead by example with professional work ethic.
7. Regular on-time attendance is an essential function of this position to meet deadlines.