Have you accounting experience? Are you adaptable, organized with good communication skills? Do you enjoy problem solving? Can you work both independently and as part of a team in a small office environment? Then this local property management company is looking for you!
This company acquires and operates commercial and multi-family real estate properties in New England. And you will help to manage its real estate in an efficient and effective manner to provide proper accounting and operations and to assist in the value creation aspects of owning commercial and multi-family real estate properties.
While most of the properties are managed by various third-party property managers who perform the day to day management and accounting, each have different reporting systems. The property managers provide a monthly report of operations for each of the properties. Your role will be responsible for entering and evaluating Monthly Operating Reports as well as reconciling certain activity in those reports.
Accounting work includes:
- Payment of a small number of invoices in-house weekly.
- Reconciling bank statements monthly.
- Entering and preparing internal Investment Committee presentations quarterly.
- Preparing 1099’s at year-end and potentially assisting with preparing tax packages and reports for lenders.
- Organizing and tracking daily mail and forwarding invoices to appropriate external property managers or internal staff. Interact with property accountants at our property management offices and monitor the payment of select invoices.
- Organizing files and assisting Asset Managers as needed with projects, acquisitions or dispositions.
- Managing insurance for all the entities.
- Various administrative and accounting projects and assisting with the various needs of a family office including backup for other personnel.
- Undergraduate or Associate degree in accounting
- 2 years work experience or experience in real estate accounting
- Strong understanding of debits and credits
- Demonstrated ability to use accounting software such as Quicken and QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable issuing 1099s